ARE YOU BUILDING OR BREAKING YOUR MARRIAGE
You can build and break your own marriage. It is easy to break and hard to build. It is possible to have a peaceful marriage that you enjoy. Understand, appreciate, forgive, respect, love and communicate with your partner. Do what it takes to build a peaceful and happy marriage.
- Dream; have a vision for your marriage. How to you want your marriage to be. Work hard to make your dream a reality. Work on your marriage day by Evaluate your marriage.
- Desire; develop passion and affection for one another (Song3). Your partner is priority. Give them the right place they deserve. Think of qualities not their mistakes.
- Decide; make the right decision. Think twice and be wise. Whatever you either in secret remember it can affect your marriage. Make the right choices.
- Determination; Marriage have challenges but be strong and courageous (Joshua1:7-8). Never give up on your marriage, do your best. Despite the discouragement, be kind to your partner. When your partner hurt you, be patient with them.
- Dedication; be committed to your promises and vows. Remember your promises you gave to your partner.
- Discernment; be able to say no to what can break your marriage. You are married to build not break. Always take time to pray for your partner. They need your prayer. Remember the devil want to destroy marriage. Fight the devil not your partner. Stand firm against every attack of the enemy (1 Peter5:8).
- Discipline; set your boundaries. Control your action and reactions. Be able to say no what is evil, what can break your marriage. Act with wisdom, know what to do, when to do it and how to do it.
- Dependence; trust your partner and depend on God.
Things that can easily break your marriage,
- Disagreement; quarrel make a marriage painful and stressful. Be willing to listen to your partner’s opinion. Do not despise their advice. Humble yourself for the sake of peace in your marriage. Reason together.
- Disobedient; lack of submission and love break homes, you don’t want to be asked questions, cooperate with partner they have the right to know.
- Dishonest; when you don’t tell the truth. Be open to your partner. Do not do thing behind their back, you will hurt them. You are one, live in unity, because where there unity there is blessing.
- Discouragement; lack of appreciation, harsh words and humiliation break relationship. Encourage one other. Be a blessing to your partner.
- Doubt; suspicions make marriage unhappy. Learn to trust one other. If there is something, talk about it. When you are talking about issue of suspicion, speak with humility, love and wisdom. Do not accuse your partner, you will be breaking their heart. Communicate , do not fight. Your partner has the right to ask. Answer them with wisdom.
- Distraction; forget your priorities and lose focus. Know your duties. Do what is required of you. Some people instead of loving their partners, they think a lust for other people. Your partner deserves the best. Do not make your partner the last but the first. Treat your partner the way you would like them to treat you.
- Deception; cheating on your partner. What makes a marriage work; it is not magic but small things done with love. Do whatever it takes to make your marriage peaceful.
- Disrespect, respect your partner, despite their weakness. When you do not respect your partner you break their heart as result you break your marriage. Speak with your partner with respect and wisdom. Use words that build not break. Treat with respect they deserve the best.
By Syaviha Mulengya
Tel:+254 722 539 397
Tel:+254 734 125 250